One of the most important things of retaining and increasing your property value is curb appeal. Curb appeal is how your house looks from the street, at first glance and during approach. The better your house looks from the road the more attention it will get from buyers and brokers like Slyman Real Estate broker Paige Slyman.
There are many things that you shouldn’t do if you want your house to look good. Here are 10 things that you should do.
1. Clean up the yard! It’s the first thing people see when they approach your home, whether you live inMarietta, GA or Knoxville, TN. Adding a little shrubbery and a few flowers can make a miraculous difference.
2. Clean up the gutters and fix or repair problem pieces. Having a nasty looking gutter never made anyone in the real estate business smile.
4. Add a carport or garage. Adding a garage can be pricey, but adding a one vehicle carport can be very cost effective.
5. Paint the exterior of your home. Old flaky paint can make a house look dilapidated and neglected. No one wants to be shown a house such as the one depicted to the left.
6. Painting the sheds to compliment your home will increase the curb appeal. It’s much more appealing when it all matches.
8. Another room that is always good to refresh is the bathroom. A newly replaced shower, or repairing the cracks in the existing one, will increase your chances to sell in todays market.
9. Freshly painted walls are always welcoming and are a sure fire way to increase your property value.
10. Replacing old windows with double and triple paned windows can increase the porperty value of your home drastically and will also reduce your power bill by keeping the outside air outside, and helping the inside air retain its temperature.
Some of these things may seem expensive, but when it comes down to it these are all things that will bring you much more in return and cost a lot less than adding a pool or building onto your home.
Be sure to check this blog and the Slyman Real Estate GA Facebook page regularly for more good to know information. Don’t forget to Follow us on Twitter @PaigeSlyman. Also, if you have a moment and are interested, check out Slymans listings for awesome deals on beautiful places in the Greater Atlanta area