Pest control is a BIG must when it comes to leasing, renting, and owning a home (or any building for that matter). I think everyone can agree that no one wants rodents and insects joining them for dinner or popping up during a meeting. While we can say that no one wants them around, we cannot say that they aren’t there. They are, and they need to be dealt with properly.
You may be able to handle them on your own, but it is a bit tricky. Here are some tips that may help you when doing so;
1. When buying chemicals, read the label carefully in order to fully understand the risks and proper usage of each product.
2. Buy products that cater to your personal pest problems – If you had a problem with ants only, you wouldn’t need roach killer.
3. If you have children, purchase child friendly pesticides. There should be a notice saying it is child safe if it is, if it is not there will not be one present.
4. Prevent pests through keeping good sanitation and food storage habits.
5. Manage your outdoor lighting in order to prevent insect gathering.
6. Seal window/door cracks and use door sweeps to prevent bugs from being able to squeeze their way in.
7. Use/Fix window screens. This will keep flying bugs, such as flies, wasps, and bees out.
8. Fix moisture problems to keep your home dry. This can help you prevent spider infestations.
Whether the problems are ants, wasps, bees, roaches, insects, fleas, spiders, or rodents, they have to be dealt with immediately, properly, and safely. If you are still a little confused about how to properly go about ridding yourself of these creatures, call a local pest service. It is always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to this issue.